This mommy has got a new J-O-B! I am officially a housewife. Homemaker. Stay-at-home mom. DishwasherLegopickerupperDiaperchangerCook. Yep, all of those. After four years of wrestling between home and a high stress career I have finally been able to cut the nonsense (nonsense= super political, super hands-tied position at my former job). For as long as I can remember, all I ever wanted to do was be a mom. This was also my husband’s dream. I had every intention of staying home after my first child was born, but I *panicked* after a couple months with no outside adult interaction. So instead of doing the logical thing and finding a mom group or something I went back to work. *Womp wompppp*. My job was the kind of place that brainwashed you into thinking that you were oh so super important and if you didn’t give up all else that was important the company would implode. Yea. So…after 3 more years of stress and brainwashing….I quit. =)
So, the purpose of writing this blog is to share in the real struggles of becoming a stay-at-home mom. (Now I get to use that nifty SAHM abbreviation! Excited- don’t judge.) Some of the things that I hope to do-and use your help with- over the next few months:
- Budgeting– A biggie, obviously, for anybody going from 2 incomes to 1.
- Homekeeping– I’m no domestic goddess…I will need a LOT of help in this category!
- Cooking– Menu planning, freezer cooking, and more baking are all on my list of to-do’s.
- Couponing– Oooh yea, I said it. My husband admires extreme couponers. ‘Nuff said.
- Time management– I have quickly realized that the best way to *not* get anything done often involves the couch. Seriously- once I’m down, all bets are off!
I’m so excited to share my journey with all of you, and hopefully learn some amazing tips along the way!